20 Apr Vacancy: Junior Web Designer/Developer
Baize Group is looking for a junior web designer/developer to help bolster its increasingly busy multimedia department.
Working to keep our web presence in – to quote a certain ginger President – ‘tippy top’ shape, you’ll be tasked with anything from helping to design and build the next big thing to come out of our creative team, to making sure our WordPress installs have updated themselves for the 27th time that week.
The ideal candidate will be creative, full of ideas about how to push our sites to the next level, and able to understand the different needs of each of outlets’ audiences. You’ll have an eye for design, but not afraid to start turning beautiful mock-ups into a a fully-functioning website.
- A a solid grounding in HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop CC
- An eye for good UI and UX design
- Some understanding of PHP & MySQL
- Experience with building templates for WordPress
- A basic understanding of LAMP
We’d love for you to have:
- A love of all things motoring
- An understanding of UI & UX concepts
- Experience with jQuery, React and other JS libraries
- Experience with Mailchimp
- A thirst for developing custom features and plug-ins tailored to our needs
- A good understanding of SEO best practice
- Some general IT skills above and beyond making pretty websites
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter by May 5th.
While you’re at it, we’d like you to give us a bit of a roasting – tell us what you’d change about two of our popular motoring websites:
You’ve got free reign: tell us what you think is wrong (or right) about the aesthetics, usability and whatever else catches your eye. Include this in your cover letter or email application.
Enough of that, a little about us…
Baize Group is based in Gosport, down on the (occasionally) sunny south coast and within spitting distance of Portsmouth’s historic dockyard.
Blackball Media – our editorial and events arm – supplies motoring content that’s seen by 50 million people every month, across outlets including Press Association, AOL, Yahoo, Car Dealer Magazine, SuperUnleaded.com and dozens more.
Meanwhile OnCue Communications – our PR and video company – works alongside car manufacturers like Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi, Kia, Suzuki, Volvo and more to deliver glossy campaigns and creative projects.
You’ll be working across Baize Group’s portfolio of in-house websites, ranging from Blackball Media’s motoring news-focussed sites like SuperUnleaded.com, to OnCue’s manufacturer communication portals like NissanInsider.co.uk.